Tuesday 18 June 2013

Back to the grindstone

Well, after a few days off writing due to family commitments, it's time to get back to work. Just been checking the rough draft of my new book today (and wincing at some of the typos that have slipped in), ready to get back to it tonight. I am itching to get back to it though, can't wait to dive back into the world of vampires and technology again. Spent this afternoon researching some stuff on nano technology - found out a few things that I thought I'd made up are actually true! At least it gives the book some veracity. I always like to try and finish writing with my characters at a cliff-hanger point if possible, in order to drive momentum when I start the next session's writing; this time I've already sketched out in my head how it is going to progress. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out when I've written it - it's never usually quite how I imagine it to be; and if it is, then it usually means a fairly hefty chunk of rewriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment