Monday 20 May 2013

The Surgeon

Working on promoting my new book at the moment, The Surgeon. It’s a horror story, fast paced and very dark. It’s been out on Kindle for just over a week now and I’m humbled by the comments I’ve received about it so far, people are really enjoying reading it!

It’s great that unknown authors like myself can reach a wider audience through devices such as the Kindle. I suspect many authors are like me – I write for myself, because I feel a need to tell a story; however, writing can be a very solitary pastime, and the chance for other readers to experience my stories and more importantly, share their thoughts on it is a real pleasure. It’s the comments and feedback that really adds a new dimension to writing, so todays thought is this: If you stumble across a work by an unknown author, give it a whirl – Amazon do free previews so all it costs is a little bit of time. If you like it, consider purchasing the full book, and please, leave some feedback, either through a review or via social media – I have a Facebook page, and author page on Amazon and a Twitter feed, as well as my blog. Get in touch, let the author know how you felt about their book. I promise to respond to everyone who is kind enough to let me know their thoughts on my book, and it’s these reviews and comments that really make writing such a pleasure.

Go on, give it a whirl. Who knows, you might discover a real gem out there – I know I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment